Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Little Things

I’ve decided that the best way for my tummy to feel is nothing.  Not full.  Not hungry.  I don’t even want to be aware of it.   Maybe that should be everyone’s ideal?

This thought comes after the week of 3 full meals a day (plus the inevitable snacks) while a delegation is here.  I immediately ask to be returned to my smaller portions – or even the skipped meal … it takes a week or so for my clothes to fit better!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I really don’t like driving in San Miguel or San Salvador.  Narrow streets … no parking (but people park anyway) and crazy drivers – lots of them!  And today – our trip to San Miguel was even more unpleasant in that the whole month of November is FESTIVAL TIME!  Normally traveled roads to the places we needed to go were closed off for the parades and bands.  Sigh.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Rain is done.  Dust has begun.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Berlin’s birthday has come and gone … the park is open finally and it looks quite pretty.  There is even some real playground equipment for the children.  Though still nothing like what most U.S. children have become accustomed to!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Excitement is in the air … there are only a couple weeks left of school for most students.  Then they get to go help pick coffee!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I’ve decided I love the noises of the evening and early morning.  Crickets, birds of all song, cats, roosters (of course), dogs, the occasion song from next door…

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A man just walked slowly by out front – or maybe he just lives nearby – and he sang a beautiful song.  Solo.  Acapella … a song of faith.  I’ve heard him before.  Not often enough.  

No comments: