Saturday, May 15, 2010

May 15th 2010 - MY crop

It's raining cats and dogs at the moment (8:15 p.m.). We've been praying for some rain. It's been dry and people have begun planting. Things are drying up.

I just planted MY tomato and green pepper seeds 2 days ago. I brought some back with me from Iowa. I was given decent dirt from Jesus' mom's house 3 days ago. And we had a big 3' long potting container gathering cobwebs and who knows what kind of critters behind my bedroom. And 2 days ago I got my hands dirty and planted my crop with hopes for good fresh veggies in a couple months.

So now I'm worried my seeds will wash away.

I think I am getting a VERY small taste of what it must be like to worry about your future harvest due to weather.

Me ... my crop is small potatoes ... (well ... tomatos ... haha)
All our farmers in the cantons ... we're talking their very lives could be washing away.

No comments: